What is Digital Transformation?
A Definition by Salesforce
“Every digital transformation is going to begin and end with the customer,
and I can see that in the minds of every CEO I talk to.”
– Marc Benioff, Chairman & Co-CEO
Digital transformation is, by definition, the “process of using digital technologies to create new – or modify existing – business processes, culture, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements.”
Still not sure what that means? Salesforce discusses the basics of digital transformation in this lead-up to their 3-part exploration of the benefits of DT, examples of success with DT, and how you can digitally transform your business.
– Salesforce explains the differences between:
- Digitization- the move from analog to digital
- Digitalization – using digital data to simplify how you work
- Digital Transformation – changing the way business gets done, adding value to every customer interaction
But it’s important to first understand what’s possible with digital transformation. A huge component of that is understanding your technology’s potential. It’s making the most of your technology investments by adapting your business and processes to make better use of your technology.
Be sure to check out the next installment of the series here!