Landing Salesforce Jobs: A CEO's Thoughts
Tech-Ology w/Josh Cruz Podcast
Breaking into the Salesforce ecosystem can be intimidating, even if you have a couple certs under your belt. For those just starting out, Jim has the following suggestions:
- Check out your local Salesforce Pathfinder program: these programs are designed to help you break into the Salesforce job landscape and achieve your first certification.
- Get your first certification: Often getting an Admin cert will be a good foot in the door.
- Often it can be easiest to break into the Salesforce landscape by looking for jobs within a large company where you’ll get further training.
- You shouldn’t necessarily go for a job with “Salesforce” in the title: check out those ancillary jobs (sales ops, rev ops, Junior Dev) that will involve working within Salesforce to beef up your expertise and resumé.
- Scale up on the certifications and sample work: certs are critical when interviewing with a consultancy.
- Highlight your ability to communicate well.
- Demonstrate your analytical skills with thoughtful questions during the interview.
- Cast a wide net during your job search: Discord, LinkedIn, Salesforce recruiting groups are all good resources.